My Story Of Selection At TCS

TCS Selection
Hello, this is Kashifa Abbasi. It’s a great pleasure to share my experience with you. I am going to tell you my whole experience right from the starting. TCS was the first company to visit our college for campus drive and it was just one week before that we got the notice. We were quite nervous as we had not experienced it earlier. But then the seminars were held for us...
by the CCGND department. Our professors also helped us by providing us certain details and advises. After the days passed by, came the day of the Aptitude round, this is the first round for selection process.

Aptitude Round

It was the first round selection procedure we all had to face. It consisted of 2 sections: the first section contained 1 question of email writing and the time span was of 10 minutes, and the second contained section consisted of 30 questions with the time span of 80 minutes. In the first section they had given a scenario and some keywords and we had to write the email according to the scenario using those keywords. In the next section there were mathematical questions based on several logic and formulas.
After this round the result were declared for the interview round which had to be held after almost 10 days.

INTERVIEW ROUND

It further consisted of three rounds, those were :
·        Technical Round
·        Managerial Round
·        HR Round
We were called at 9:30 AM for the Interview round. At first we were sent for the technical round, which consisted of the questions from our core subjects, like the subjects which we had studied so far. They were generally asking what was our area of interest and according to that they were putting up the questions. I had a good experience of this round as the interviewers were quite friendly and the interview was going in an easy way.
After the completion of this round, I got my name being announced for the next round. This was the moment when I really from where I was just a few step away from my destination.
Further, in the Managerial round they ask much of your project, you need to explain them your project as much as you can. They were also asking related to TCS and some sort of basic questions. At this point my MR round got over and only after few minutes I got a call for HR round.
Finally the wait get's over, now I was on the urge of getting a new life and to become a proud TCSers. HR was the round when I was sure about myself. I was interviewed by a lady, and she was very polite and encouraging, she asked me the very first and obvious question I was aware of is “Tell me about yourself”, they ask you about relocating anywhere in India, Why only TCS, What you think about the salary and they will give situation to you and ask you how you will deal with that particular situation. And after 40 min interview, I got over with all TCS rounds
So after almost one week of tough waiting, the results were announced and I was one of the few students to get selected in TCS. That was the feeling which cannot be explained, rather it can only be experienced.
TCS Interview Process

Tip to success

There are few areas to which you should concentrate and for most Time and work, Probability, Computation and permutation, calculating remainders & Problem on trains. Friends don't waste much for your time on Numbers (including AP, GP, Fractions etc.). And most importantly don't over attempt the question to which you are not sure, remember TCS look at the accuracy of answers to the question attempted. Also I would recommend you to visit the CAMPUS COMMUNE link on the TCS site. That does all about your aptitude Test. Moving on you will face the most typical and easiest rounds of selection that is Technical Interviews. For this I would suggest you to have command on at least one of the subject and that might help you out through this round.

I hope you guys liked my post. Don't forget to share it with your friends, Any questions ? Feel free to ask below.

No comments:

Post a Comment