What is Bachelor Of Computer Applications ?

What is BCA Bachelor of Computer Applications.
Introduction
Hello guys I am Sarfaraz Ansari, So now I am in final year of my BCA course and today I’ll share my experience of these 2 years passed, why did I choose BCA and I’ll also give some information about this course that what is its scope in the IT Industry and is it necessary to pursue...
MCA after BCA or you’ll get a job easily after BCA.

Where it all started?
My love for computers started when my father bought me my very first PC which was Pentium III, 1.3 GHz, 256 MB of Ram & 40 GB HDD and from that time I exhibited computing as my part time hobby. Also this was the reason which dragged me to this course.

About BCA Course & BCA V/s B.tech (C.S)
As per my concern BCA course is somewhat similar to B.Tech (Computer Science) and the subjects offered in both the courses are same to an extent. Plus there are some extra interesting subjects which are offered in B.Tech but not in BCA. Like Cyber Crime Security,D.A.A and many more. But BCA course has some of its own advantages, since for B.Tech you have to be from Science Stream but for BCA, some colleges allows Bio, Commerce and other Non-Science stream disciplines to take part in BCA course. So this is plus point for such students who are keen to get involved into IT industry.

Choosing your field in BCA
You have taken admission in BCA, you have completed BCA but after three years you don’t even learned how to format your laptop. I personally advice you all please don’t be like those guys who after passing BCA don’t even know the A,B,C of BCA. There is also a misconception that one should be a GURU at programming or else you’ll not a job. This statement is absolutely incorrect. Computing has so many fields to choose from like Networking, Programming,  Hardware, Troubleshooting, Testing and many more, but the (word missing) is that you will be required to give you super best to the field you choose. So if you are not good at programming then you don’t need to worry, there are lots of things to choose from. Like I was not good at programming or let’s say I hated programming, LOL.
 Since childhood I always loved to explore internet and so I gained interest in web and networking and I made networking & web development as my favourite topic in computers. I am also planning to do CCNA course which will enhance and refine my skills for networking. And as everyone says a backup plan is must for everyone so my backup plan is web development and database management. I also advise the same to you guys that get proficient at whatever field you choose and get certification for the same. Apart from all these things keep yourself updated about new technologies and new things happening in IT world.

What is BCA Bachelor of Computer Applications.


Seeking for a placement after BCA?
Many students have desire to do job just after they finish BCA. Let’s assume this as a milestone. Now if you want to achieve this milestone you’ll have to focus on a particular field in computing like I said before. You’ll have to set a goal that, I’ll give my best in this thing and will become proficient in the same. Now a question must be arising in your mind that how will I achieve all these things. If your answer is hard work then by my point of view you are 60-70% correct, along with hard work you also need to focus on smart work because a smart worker can finish a task in less time than a hard work. As the smart worker will find an easy way to do the task in less span of time.
            So set your goals choose a field among animation, coding, hardware, networking and etc. and start working on it. If you have the enough potential then here comes the main scenario that how you are getting placed? The easiest way to get a job after the UG course is attending the campus interviews. This is because campus interviews are a lot easier to crack than pool campus interviews and even worse than that is visiting company offices and dropping your mails to HR. According to my point of view, I think rarely people will opt for option no 3. So if you are getting a chance to attend a interview then make sure it doesn’t slips away from your hands, also keep checking for pool interviews dates on the internet.

Things to remember if you are going for a job after BCA:
It is good that some people tend to do job just after their BCA degree. You may get placed, you may get a good job but you may not get ransom amount of salary after the BCA degree. If you want to give yourself a better life then I suggest you to do MCA since many companies prefer candidates which have the PG degree with them. If you want good salary then this is necessary otherwise it is not, so decision is in your hand OTHERWISE you have one more option, you can take a job after your BCA degree, work for 1 or 2 years then complete your MCA. Now after you complete your MCA, you’ll have your UG Degree, PG Degree plus (1 or 2) years of experience with yourself.

Is MCA necessary after BCA ?
You must have heard that studies never go in waste. Means vast knowledge is always good for you as it will make you wiser and sharper. MCA students are offered more salary package when it comes to job. So it is always better to do MCA since it’s a PG degree and will help you in future and will help you to live a better life.

I hope you guys liked my post. Don't forget to share it with your friends, Any questions ? Feel free to ask below.




8 comments: